Helping small business owners
Small Business Facts
- Small businesses are the back-bone of our U.S. economy and a productive workforce
- 89% of all businesses in the United States comprise of 20 employees or less
- 55% of all U.S. workers are employed by small businesses
- 800 small businesses closed (per day) during the second half of the 2020 pandemic
- Many small businesses haven’t fully recovered from The Great Recession of 2008
- Historically, fewer than 10% of small business startups succeed … even in a strong economy
The good news:
- Small businesses offer benefits that:
- Secure one’s independence
- Ensure family prosperity
- Support our local communities
- Strengthen our middle class
- Stimulate economic growth
- Often lead to innovative products and solutions
- Successful companies, such as Apple, Dollar Shave Club and Zoom were once small businesses
- myCMO.biz supports small business!
Sources: The Small Business Administration (SBA), Affordable Care Act (ACA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and Yelp
Challenges Faced by Small Business Owners
Small business owners wear many hats, dealing with the demands of:
- Meeting payroll
- Managing cash flow
- Employee training
- Internet security
- Lead generation
- Sales tracking
- The economy
The list goes on and on …
Unfortunately, being able to multi-task is often accepted as ‘a cost of doing business’ by many small business owners. And yet, one of the more serious consequences or trade-offs of wearing many hats as a small business owner is the inability to focus on WHY you went into business in the first place.
Sources: inc.com, smallbiztrends.com and entrepreneur.com
Start with Why
That’s why it’s important to work on your business, and not in your business!
Ex-advertising executive and author, Simon Sinek studied the success of world leaders and businesses, and in his book, Start with Why introduced the concept of a company’s WHY – emphasizing that people don’t buy what you do or how you do it, they buy why you do it!
Our mission: Helping small business owners focus on WHY they’re in business, so they can spend more time working ON their business … and achieve success!
Our tagline: Helping you achieve your why!
What is myCMO.biz
A subscription-based service that matches the challenges and needs of small business owners with trusted, personalized, expert advisors with industry-related experience, specializing in the professions of:
- Marketing & Sales
- Information Technology
- Accounting & Finance
- Operations Management
How myCMO.biz Works
Surrounding YOU, the small business owner with your chosen team of trusted, personalized, expert advisors.
- View real-world case studies
- Study best practices
- Apply market-tested products and solutions
- Reduce the chance of failure
- Achieve business success