From our Founder
myCMO.biz is solely dedicated through the operation of this Website, its products, exchange of information and related resources to provide an ethical, moral, constructive, valuable and positive exchange between YOU, our Subscribers of Small Business Owners AND our Contributing Experts. Your use of myCMO.biz otherwise is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Small business owners, their trusted employees and loyal customers are the backbone of a strong, productive and innovative U.S. economy! With your help, small businesses:
- Secure one’s independence
- Ensure family prosperity
- Support our local communities
- Strengthen our middle class
- Foster social development and economic growth
- Often discover innovative products and solutions
Founder & CEO
When we refer to “myCMO.biz”, we mean the entire Website that acts as the ‘processor’ of information and personal data (collectively “Information”) submitted and ‘controlled’ by you, and what choices you, your employer or other entity associated with using myCMO.biz (collectively “Subscriber”) have with respect to that Information, as explained below.
Collecting and Receiving Information
myCMO.biz may collect and receive Information in a variety of ways:
- Personal data. Subscriber’s registered to myCMO.biz may submit personal data when using its Products.
- Other information. myCMO.biz collects, generates and disseminates other information:
- Account and profile. To create or update your account and profile, a Subscriber submits an e-mail address, phone number, username, password, and/or other personal data to myCMO.biz. In addition, Subscriber’s that purchase a paid subscription to use myCMO.biz and its Products and Information may also provide myCMO.biz (its payment processors and merchant accounts) additional billing information, such as credit card number, bank account, and billing and shipping address.
- Products metadata. When a Subscriber interacts with myCMO.biz and its Products and Information, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way a Subscriber interacts. For example, myCMO.biz logs the Products, Information, features, content, images, Website links, Subscriber interactions, etc.
- Log data. As with most Websites and technology delivered over the Internet, myCMO.biz is stored on a Web server that automatically collects Information when a Subscriber accesses myCMO.biz and its Products and Information, and records the log data. This log data may include the Subscriber’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the Web page the Subscriber visited before using myCMO.biz or its Products and Information, browser type and settings, the date and time the Products and Information were used, browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. myCMO.biz collects device information about computers and equipment accessing its Products and Information, including the type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether myCMO.biz collects some or all of this depends on the type of device used and its privacy settings.
- Location information. myCMO.biz may receive location information from the Subscriber that approximates your location. myCMO.biz may, for example, use a business address submitted by you or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location.
- Third-party services. Typically, third-party services are software that integrate with our Products. Third-party services may share other applications and Information with myCMO.biz. Subscribers are encouraged to check the privacy settings and notices (if available) to understand what data may be disclosed.
- Contact info. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device or Application Programming Interface (API), any contact information that a Subscriber chooses to import (such as an address book from a device or API) is collected when using myCMO.biz and its Products and Information.
- Third-party data. myCMO.biz may receive third-party data about our Subscribers, Website visitors and other related Information that may be collected in aggregate, such as IP addresses that correspond to a Subscriber’s origin, zip code and/or state of origin.
- myCMO.biz may also receive Information when submitted through our Website, its Products and Information, such as if a Subscriber requests help, interacts with our social media accounts or otherwise contacts myCMO.biz directly.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any personal data. However, certain Information is requested or collected automatically and, if some Information is not provided by Subscriber, myCMO.biz may not be able to effectively deliver or fulfill its intended services, benefits and overall user experience.
myCMO.biz uses Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Website, its Products and Information in an ethical, moral and just attempt to benefit our Subscribers. More specifically, myCMO.biz uses Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Website, its Products and Information. This includes use of Information to support delivery of the Products, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities.
- To communicate with our Subscribers by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, education, content, consultative tools and technology, and additional features. For example, myCMO.biz may improve search functionality by using Information to help determine and rank the relevance of Subscriber created content or expertise, our Products and Information based on historical use, identify Subscriber trends and interests, to customize a Product experience, or create new Products and Information.
- To send e-mails and other communications. myCMO.biz may send Subscribers technical and administrative e-mails, messages or other types of service-related communications. These communications are considered part of the Website, its Products and Information and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we may send e-mails about new Product enhancements, promotions or other news about myCMO.biz.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters, myCMO.biz may need to contact you for account management purposes and similar reasons to administer Subscriber accounts and profiles, and keep track of billing, payments and other details.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
If Information is aggregated or de-identified so that it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable Subscriber, myCMO.biz may use it for any business purpose. To the extent Information is associated with an identified or identifiable Subscriber, it is protected as personal data under applicable data protection law.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
This section describes how myCMO.biz may share and disclose Information, as described above. myCMO.biz does not control and is not responsible for how a Subscriber chooses to share or disclose Information.
- The Subscriber’s instructions. myCMO.biz may share and disclose Information in accordance with a Subscriber’s instructions and compliance with applicable law and legal process. Some sharing at a Subscriber’s request may incur additional fees.
- Displaying information. When a Subscriber submits Information, it may be displayed to other Subscribers. For example, a Subscriber’s e-mail address may be displayed as part of their profile.
- Collaborating with others. The Products and Information provide different ways for Subscribers to collaborate. Information, such as a Subscriber’s profile may be shared.
- Subscriber access. myCMO.biz owners, administrators, contributing experts, other representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to certain Information. This may include, for example, your account and profile, Messaging, Forums, Case Studies and Webinars, etc..
- Third-party services. We may engage third-party services, including software that integrates with our Products and Information, or business affiliates to process Information and support our business. These third-party services may, for example, provide virtual meetings, remote storage, log data, etc. We expect each third-party service to disclose all permissions for Information access, but we do not guarantee that they do so. Third-party services are not owned or controlled by myCMO.biz and may have their own privacy policies, terms and conditions and practices for Information collection, use, and sharing. Please check the permissions, privacy settings, and notices of these third-party services (if available).
- Messaging. The Information and content you choose to provide, including certain personal data will be available to other Subscribers.
- Forums. The Information and content you choose to provide, including certain personal data will be available to other Subscribers.
- Case Studies. The Information and content you choose to provide, including certain personal data will be available to other Subscribers.
- Webinars. The Information and content you choose to provide, including certain personal data will be available to other Subscribers.
- Business affiliates. myCMO.biz may share Information with its business affiliates, partners and/or associates.
- Change of ownership. If myCMO.biz engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of myCMO.biz and its assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Information and certain personal data may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or de-identified data. myCMO.biz may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Information with business prospects, affiliates and/or associates.
- Legal compliance. If we receive a request for Information, we may disclose Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- Enforcing our rights, preventing fraud, and ensuring safety. myCMO.biz has an obligation to protect and defend the rights, property and safety of myCMO.biz and its Products, Information and Subscribers, including enforcing its contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing illegal activity, fraud or security issues.
myCMO.biz takes security of data very seriously. myCMO.biz works hard to protect the Information and certain personal data you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and Information processing technology, myCMO.biz cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our other third-party Web server or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party service, you will be leaving our Website and we don’t control or endorse what is on a third-party Website.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, myCMO.biz does not allow use of our Website, its Products or Information by anyone younger than 18 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than age 18 has unlawfully subscribed (registered) to myCMO.biz and is using our Products and Information, please contact us and we will take the necessary steps to disable/delete/terminate such Subscriber accounts and their Information.
International Data Transfers
myCMO.biz discourages any transfer of your Information to other countries, entities and/or third-party services that don’t abide by the applicable laws of the United States of America.
Identifying Information Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the ‘processor’ and ‘controller’ of Information and personal data. In general, the Subscriber is the ‘controller’ of Information and personal data. In general, myCMO.biz is the ‘processor’ of Information and personal data.
Subscribers have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to certain Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided under your account and profile.
To the extent that myCMO.biz’s processing of your personal data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation or other applicable laws covering the processing of Information, myCMO.biz relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. myCMO.biz may also process Information that constitutes certain personal data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to myCMO.biz’s use of your Information for this purpose at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California Subscribers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California Subscribers the right to request to know general categories of Information myCMO.biz collects (including how we use and disclose this Information), to delete their personal data, to opt-out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.